French Soldier sword with half counterguard

This is the sword introduced among the soldiers of the troupes de Terre at the time of the Austrian Succession War (King George’s War 1740-1748) and used until the end of the Seven Years War (French and Indian War 1756-1763). The simple hilt, with only an outboard “half heart” counterguard and a single knuckle-bow, made the production easier and cheaper. This model is shown on many period illustrations. Its use in North America is confirmed by archaeological artifacts found at Fort Carillon (Ticonderoga, NY) and at the “New Barracks” in Quebec City.


FSDL03

$205.00 | CA$245

Scabbard included